Asians in the Industry
Because of the rise in hate crimes against Asian-Americans, we have created this page to raise the visibility of Asians working in and around gaming.
Our goal is to bring people together through gaming and we hope that visibility helps this.
We would like to thank everyone involved in making this list. If you are interested in being included on future versions of this list, please contact Seppy Yoon
Graphic Designer, Freelancer
• The Expanse: Doors & Corners
• Palm Trees
• Ultra Deluxe 2D Arcade Mega Fighter
Fun Fact: I’m a Hall of Fame “Kluntje King” on BGG for embellishing Board Games and creating rethemes.
Co-founder, Creative Designer
• Galaxy Raiders
• Alpha Steel
• Trail Blazers
• Terra Loop
• Guess The Fence
• Mystic Arts
• Fracto under the brand Luma World.
Fun Fact: Apart from Creative Designer and StoryTeller, he is also a professional skydiver and
Game & Visual Designer
• Masters of Charms
• Dim Sum Hero
Fun Fact: Outside of board games, I also passionated in cooking. Every 2 weeks, I donate 40 homemade meals to Portland FreeFridge community.
Partner with the Hydra Cooperative, Editor, Designer
• Lorn Song of the Bachelor
• Fever-Dreaming Marlinko
• Misty Isles of the Eld
• What Ho Frog Demons
• Operation Unfathomable
• Prison of the Hated Pretender
• Haunted West ("Home is the Hangman")
• Paranoia XP line (contributer)
Kiran & Sindhu
• Hampi & the Sun Jewel (with 2 new games in the pipeline for
Fun Fact: With a background in Product design and Architecture from IDC-IITB, We love to create good products with focus on design and content, we have just started with our games and we know it is a long way to go. :-)
Designer, Developer, Writer
• Jiangshi: Blood in the Banquet Hall
• Avatar: The Last Air Bender the RPG (Forthcoming)
• The Legend of Korra: Pro Bending Arena
• More at site
Fun Fact: I once had my own radio show in Toronto.
Designer, Content Creator, Podcast Host
Breakdancing Meeples/Board Game Blueprint
Fun Fact: I was gifted a "Best Demo of Spiel" wafer by a group of attendees at Essen 2019."
Facebook: Your Friend Ben Moy Designs Board Games
Designer, Teacher, Audio-Video Editor
• Dreamt I Was
• PACK AGE
• MAGNETIC BOTS
• Boom Boom Hero
• Gluttony 18 (Chubby Riders)
• UNIFIED TANK CITY
Fun Fact: I'm only able to make boardgames for TGC Contests, I'm also a Band Leader (Lead Guitarist), and an aspiring novel writer (www.inkitt.com/stories/adventure/72608).
Designer/Developer, Indie Publisher, Promoter, Convention Coordinator (Booth, Game Room, Events), Writer, Online/Convention RPG Retailer
• Chew Comics RPG
• Rest in Pieces
• Dreamchaser: A Game of Destiny
• Earthdawn: Fourth Edition
• Memories of Tomorrow
Fun Fact: Host of the 2019 & 2020 Indie Groundbreaker Awards
Content Creator (@DannyPlaysGamez), Social Media Coordinator (@RoseGauntlet)
Fun Fact: I have a Corgi named Bowser Butternubs and I set some junior records in powerlifting in Georgia.
target="_blank" style="text-decoration: underline">https://linktr.ee/DannyPlaysGamez
• Super Punch Universe
Fun Fact: Took care of a blind stray cat once that was so confident, he would charge full-speed whenever I called. I thought "whoa he must have Daredevil-esque senses", but no he kept running headfirst into the iron gate. Ended up feeding him outside from then on.
Customer Success Manager, Game Manufacturer
• Throw Throw Burrito
• Just One
• Robinson Crusoe
Fun Fact: During the pandemic, I started yoga to improve my health. Now I can do a headstand and am learning more things every day!
Designer, Graphic Designer, Artist, Self-Publisher, Photographer
• Stray Cats
• The Lost Island
• Flower Garden
Fun Fact: Her game Warriors originated as a final project at university
Christina & Franz
Rulebook/Story Writers, Designers
• Seas the Day - Design, Story, Rules. Published by Dice Toy Labs
• Generals - Rulebook. Upcoming Kickstarter.
• My Kingdom - Rulebook. Published by The Table Top Game
• Honey Scouts - Rulebook. Published by Dice Toy Labs
• My Bot Bytes - Rulebook. Published by Dice Toy Labs
• Sankli - Game design and rules. Self-published
• Oranges and Lemons - Game Design, Art and Rules. WIP.
• Covid Containment - Game design, Graphic design, Rules. Self-published
Designer, Writer, Publisher
• Jiangshi: Blood in the Banquet Hall
• Scooby-Doo: Betrayal at Mystery Mansion
• Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft (D&D 5E)
• Questlings RPG
• Warp's Edge
• Terror Below
• Red Rising
• Silver & Gold
Tim Chuon (YouTube)
Fun Fact: I took a photo on my iphone 6+ of a wave splashing onto a turtle laying on a beach in Hawaii; once I saw how many details I never paid attention to become unveiled in that photo, that's when I really pursued photography.
Video Content Creator (YouTube)
How To Play, Live Playthrough, Quick How To Play, Stella's Short and Sweet Overview)
Contributor on The Dice Tower (How To Play, Pocket Playthrough, Live Playthrough)
Fun Fact: I met my other half of Meeple University, Tarrant (now my husband) through a random board game meetup in our city. We were friends, then lovers, and business partners.
Designer, Artist, Agent
Windup War, Heifer Heist, Pitch Fight (Designer) My Little Scythe, Studies in Sorcery, Windup War, Heifer Heist (Illustrator) Fire in the Library, Dreams of Tomorrow, Gift of Tulips, Dead Man's Cabal, Mental Blocks, Tricky Tides, Mars Open, Bag of Spiders (Graphic Designer) BlindFold (Agent) / cow&duck studios
Designer, Illustrator, Graphic Artist, Production Design
• Vagrant Dash
Hardknocks Creatives Studio
Fun Fact: I am more knowledgeable than people often mistaken by my scruffy looks and childish behaviour. I like to discuss high level philosophy, such as "what is the meaning of life?", so let's talk about it if you like that kinda stuff.
Managing Editor (Monte Cook Games), Author (The Civilized Guide to Tabletop Gaming).
Previously Contributor and Managing Editor (Geek & Sundry), Senior Marketing Manager (Renegade Game Studios), Reviewer
• The Darkest House
• Where the Machines Wait
• The Civilized Guide to Tabletop Gaming
• The Board Game Book Vol. 1 (co-author)
Fun Fact: I'm often told I look taller in my videos, but that's because IRL I'm actually 4'8".
Gnanesh & Kinnari
Artist, Designer, Publisher
• Filmie - Hilarious Bollywood Game
• I Want to Be! - Family Game of Wonder and Amusement
• Ups and Downs - Find Interests, Get Abilities and Make Careers.
Fun Fact: We are a team of Chartered Accountant, Lawyer and Phds, designing unique games for India.
Designer, Content Creator, Tabletop Simulator Monkey
• Jak and Poi (2012)
• BTW (WIP)
• Piñata Fiesta (WIP)
Digital Board Game Labs
Fun Fact: Stay-at-home dad for 4 years and counting.
As a result, my daughter sometimes called me "Moms".
Game Reviewer, Hired Cosplayer, Marketer, Panelist
• Cephalofair Games
• Geeks A Gogo
Fun Fact: I am an accountant by day and I am an award winning cosplayer that has been featured in the Chicago Tribune and the New Yorker. I also play ice hockey and grew up in the Philippines.
• Baghdad 1055 CE
Fun Fact: I am both allergic and addicted to chocolate.
target="_blank" style="text-decoration: underline">mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
• Floating Floors
Fun Fact: The idea for Gumboot Games came to mind when kicking my feet up for a break from cleaning the chicken coop (in my gumboots) and reading through Gabe Barrett's, 'Kickstarter advice from the best in the world
Designer, Developer, Artist, Self Publisher, Interviewer, Reviewer
• Yogi Guru
• Kitty Cataclysm
• Welcome to Dino World
• Chocolate Factory
• Flower in Towers (part of a RnW anthology)
• Challenging Structures (a LARP for Kings College London)
Stuff by Bez"
Fun Fact: Bez collected over 1200 pictures of cats at various boardgame conventions.
CCG/RPG Designer, Editor, Writer
• Story Lead for Legend of the Five Rings (AEG), including RPG writing, CCG design & Story Continuity, Creative Direction, Creative Editing
• Various books for Mutants and Masterminds
• Varous short stories for Doomtown CCG
Fight in a Box:
• Mouse Cheese Cat Cucumber
• Processing: A Game of Serving Humanity
• End of the Line
• Squirrel or Die
Fun Fact: US Navy certified Nuclear Plumber